Who else is keepin’ it fresh at the grocery store??
What do I do with all my produce?
* sliced bell peppers with my meals or if I’m hungry before a meal
* mushrooms with eggs or steak(great source of vitamin D!)
*tomato slices with fresh basil, mozzarella, and olive oil
* green beans to snack on raw and to cook for my dinner tonight
*cucumbers- I like to slice a whole cucumber, add a lil salt and cracked pepper and vinegar
* avocado- anywhere and everywhere I can!! Love it mashed on toasted Ezekiel bread topped with a lil Alessi pesto. Think I’m making guacamole tomorrow though with red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro and salt.
* berries and grapes- post workout shugaa!
* carrots raw or boiled(I know cooking depletes some nutrients, but I love them like this and find them easier for my stomach to digest)
*spinach for shakes or omelets
So many ways to get more produce into your diet. The key is buying what you love and what you know you’ll actually prepare;) I usually buy more produce I can eat raw for this reason!